Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Totally Forgot

Would you believe that I forgot that I have to cook Easter dinner?

Mama turned to me yesterday, saying something about the grocery list for Easter, and I stared at her blankly.  "You know, for dinner?"  

Oh, geez, in the hubbub of purchasing trinkets for Easter baskets, deciding whether the bunny is visiting on Saturday when Ma, Gong, and Goo are here, along with rain, or on Sunday when the weather will be nice, plus all the non-Easter stuff like ear infections and a new sink (it's here!  it's lovely!), I just forgot food.  

Which in itself is remarkable because usually meal planning is my favorite part of prepping for a holiday.

So, here's what I've come up with on the fly, with asterisks denoting which ones I need to find recipes for and question marks indicating that I'm not sure if we're having it:

deviled eggs
another appetizer? (black-eyed pea dip, perhaps?)
ham (steak or butt, to be determined)
an entree for me? (thinking homemade pesto on tortellini)
macaroni and cheese
scalloped potaotes?
green bean casserole
tossed salad
jello salad* (with strawberries but no bananas)
rolls (homemade, Sis says)
cardamon Easter bread
another dessert* (chocolate mousse?  marmalade cake?  something else entirely?)
punch

I'll post the final menu-cum-recipes when I've made all the decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment