- I've been a bit discouraged by posts (guest and otherwise) on Motherlode this week. It seems to have taken a subtle and not-so-subtle anti-SAHM stance. First, a guest blogger argued that SAHM fritter away their time at home not taking care of their kids so that hyper-efficient (read: superior) working moms actually spend equal amounts and better quality time with their kids. So why would you stay home? You don't have any real life balance that way and you're not taking good care of your kids. Then, and maybe it's just because I'm sensitive, it turns out that SAHMs don't even manage to cuddle their kids proportionally to working moms (they come out the same, but the periods of time are in no way the same, so I guess cuddle density is lower for SAHMs). So I guess we're not loving either.
- I really enjoyed this article on the death and dying practices of a group of nuns in NY. It really describes how it takes a village not only to raise a child but to die as well.
- Here's a fascinating article on yoga, memory loss, and living in the moment.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
(Some) In the Papers
Just a little, before I forget:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment