Monday, July 6, 2009
Oh, It's a Jolly Holiday
The kids are now obsessed with Mary Poppins. It started during a dinner conversation, I'm not even quite sure how. But soon Mama and I were singing all the songs we knew and telling the story of the magical, flying governess who could jump through pictures, ride flying carousel horses, and have tea on the ceiling. Sis was particularly fascinated, so we found the music on the iPod and started dancing around. Oddly, it quickly morphed into a kind of square dancing, with Mama and I turning both kids, then each other, and then the other kid. Right out of "Chim Chimeree." That's two musicals in one week, which warms our hearts because its one of our favorite musical genres. I know the movie is long but, if we can find a copy on DVD, we might just have to watch it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just catching up on your posts... We have the DVD if you want to borrow it. :)
ReplyDelete