Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Fresh Start

Bud slept an extra 1 1/2 last night. And for the first time, when he woke up, he went straight to the bathroom by himself before coming to say good morning to us (which in Budspeak these days is "may I have my Yankees shirt?").

Sis, who had a rough beginning to her night waking twice with leg cramps caused no doubt by the 3x around the cul-de-sac on her tricycle plus swimming lessons plus running around the backyard, is actually still asleep. This means she will get at least 13 hours of sleep, which is two more than the night before.

I feel like I have newborns again, so obsessed am I with quantity and quality of sleep.

But a good night's sleep will give us all the fresh start we need.

1 comment:

  1. To-day M and I went to the New Forest Show, this is a display of Agriculture/Horticulture/Gardening as well as trade stands offering everything from Jellied Eels to gigantic farm tractors via CCTV and winter clothing; really an outdoor Mall. I heard what seemed to be a baby screaming, it turned out to be coming from a girl of 8-10 in a large stroller which she wanted to escape from but was restrained, clearly she had a mental disability and I thought 'why?' and 'some parents get all the bad luck'. Forget the odd sleepless night and fractious day.

    ReplyDelete