Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Color Me Happy

Knowing my love of rainbows, Miss T has sent me two links recently, one on a rainbow jello salad made in a bundt pan (funny, the blogger has removed the page, which I'll link to anyway in case it's a glitch) and one for tie-dye cookies. My friend in Chicago used to make rainbow jello cups in those plastic see-through cups every year for proud. And I had seen tie-dye cupcakes by Sandra Lee. But both of these versions are extra fun, perhaps even easier, and thus worth trying. Since I have sugar cookies in the house, as birthday party preparations, I think we'll give those a try today.

P.S. We just made the cookies but I think the icing was too thin, as it didn't quite cover the cookie and all the colors ran together in the bowl. But then, I let the kids dip the cookies in the icing, so it might have been technique more than ingredients! They had a blast, though, so who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment