Friday, June 12, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

No, I'm not talking about the weather. I'm talking about a shower.

A bridal shower.

For me!

Thrown by my dear playgroup friends.

And so 15 years after Mama and I met, 12 years after we got together, 8 years after our domestic partnership, 4 years after the birth of the babies, 3.5 years after our civil union, and 6 months after our wedding, there's finally going to be a party!!

'Cept Mama is going to be the one at home with the kids. Which is just the way my shy bride/wife likes it, though she thinks it's all sweet.

It's kinda funny. As I blogged once, I did the majority of my wedding planning in a day. It sounds like my friends have already spent more time on this party! And, well, I've realized registering (which seems so awkward but I've had some fun thinking about it) could take longer too! I'm sure there will be updates here . . .

But for now, a big hug and thanks to my friends who are organizing and attending. Your friendships mean the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. Over here we call it a 'hen party', the women drink too much, misbehave and general.y do things they would not think of if there were men around. Then the poor woman is expected to walk straight down the aisle, no wonder she needs her father to guide and support her. Where was your Dad?
    PS we got our mouse. Also I have photographed a young woodpecker being fed.

    ReplyDelete