"Yep," she replies.
This has been going on for a few months. They only like to play games with each other that they both win, hence two winners, even if the second winner comes in way behind the first.
Which is why they really don't like Tic Tac Toe, which I had taught them one day at a restaurant to pass time. No way to make there be two winners in that game.
-=-=-=-
Sis spreads her hands wide apart. "I'm going to play with it this long."
Bud groans.
As they negotiate sharing and taking turns recently, they've been measuring time with their hands. It's much more concrete to understand than "5 minutes," which I still don't think they grasp. Even if they don't always like how far apart the hands are.
-=-=-=-=-
The kids have signed their own names now, but the first time was on the computer, not on a sheet of paper. Both can write their first initials just fine, but haven't been that interested in moving along and I don't care or push it. But the other day, we were typing email to Mama, and Sis wanted to type her own name, all-caps, and she did. Then Bud did in his email to Mama. Okay, it's not traditional, but it was a milestone nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment