Okay, so I'm not The Pioneer Woman, whose site I just discovered today in the comments section of Bitten about favorite food blogs (can't wait to read more of that), but I am very proud of my freezer. Nope, it's not a deep-freeze or sub-zero anything, just the freezer above the refrigerator section of my fridge. But it's filled with 7 pints of homemade strawberry freezer jam, numerous containers of assorted greens from our CSA box, and lots of bean and vegetable soups. Now it just needs some homemade ice cream! (Which is entirely possible because I have heavy cream in my fridge.) I feel downright domestic and definitely crunchy granola (I mean both of those in a postive, proud way).

I also have my new favorite fridge accessory on my freezer door: my NYC metro area local food wheel, which I purchased at Sturbridge this weekend. It features all the produce and food locally available by season in our area. And several of the items for June are ones we've gotten in our CSA box, including garlic scapes, greens, and kohlrabi. Plus the illustrations are delightful. If you live in the area (which is considered 150 miles from NYC) and go to farmer's markets or belong to a CSA, or just want to be more aware of the seasonality of food, or even like quirky kitchen items for use or adornment, this is perfect. You can come look at mine. And have some toast with jam, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment