Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mission Statement

In every museum I have worked, the creation of a mission statement and our adherence to it has been central to our activities. To guide the path of this blog, I include here my working mission statement:

As a museum professional with experience heading departments of education in New York City and as an academic art historian with a Ph.D. in nineteenth-century British art focusing on the representation of the art public, I am committed to the study, investigation, and enjoyment of works of art and the museums that protect, research, and exhibit them. Through this blog, I will
  • Encourage the exploration of art and museums with children, their adults, and other audiences;
  • Share my knowledge, interests, and experiences of art and museums;
  • Invite others, both professionals and nonprofessonals, to share their knowledge, interests, and experiences of art and museums;
  • Provide related news, information, resources, and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment