Last night was the goodbye party for my friend, Miss T, who will be moving at the end of the month. It was great to see all the moms together; it's been a long time since we all (almost) made it out at the same time. We wanted to give her a good send off. I hope we did. There was great food, good conversation (not too political, not too much about the children), lots of laughs. Luckily, except when we gave her a going away present (a beautiful Tiffany bracelet, and not the house gift from Pottery Barn the bag seemed to indicate!!), we managed to keep it lighted-hearted. But I think most of us were crying when she said a few words. The rest of the evening promised to be raucous; I think they were heading bar-hopping. I bowed out early to help at my church Halloween party. We'll have a different kind of party next weekend when we do our baking tour of the city.
-=-=-=-=-
Miss K's Baked Brie
1 prepared pie crust
1 round of brie
slivered almonds
apricot preserves
egg wash
Preheat oven (I'm not sure, probably 350F). Roll out pie crust. Place brie in center. Spread preserves on top and sprinkle with almonds. Close pie crust around cheese, pinching to seal. Apply egg wash. Spread more preserves and sprinkle with more almonds. Bake (I don't know how long). Let rest to firm up. Serve.
-=-=-=-=-
Miss T's (not the guest of honor) Olive Spread
1 can cannellini beans
equal amounts kalamata olives, pitted
Drain and rinse beans. Combine with olives in food processor. Blend until desired consistency. Serve with bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment