Bud can read Chinese.
Okay, not much.
Really, it's just that he recognizes the characters for the numbers.
But it's in Chinese!
He had homework from our Chinese class that he did with Mama this weekend. And he was looking at the little sentences and knew that one of them said, "wo san sui," or "I am three years old."
Granted, he recognizes the three-stroke character for "san" because, well, three strokes equals "three" in this case. But he knew what it meant without counting in sequence (which is how I figured it out) or asking me what the other characters were (which wouldn't have helped because I can't identify the other two readily).
Wow.
Now Sis, on the other hand, was not so concerned with the characters but instead really got into how she drew the correct number of candles on the birthday cake, which was the crux of the assignment. She made sure each candle had a flame.
Wow.
And I was going to complain that our weekly, faraway Chinese class was messing up our routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment