Saturday, December 18, 2010
Temporary Separation
The kiddos and Mama are headed into the city today to spend their Christmas with Ma and Gong (I think Goo is studying, though). And I'm staying home. Because it would just be too much right now, as much as I would enjoy it. But they'll have a good time and they've promised to buy me chocolate ("and a toy at the toy store," Bud added). Leaving was tough. "We've never been separated before," Sis said, as Luke to my Leia. And Bud had said, arising early from a nightmare, "I want to see you a lot before we go." Sniff. But they're off and I've got a list of things to do, from WW this morning (lost almost 3 lbs last week. LOVE the inspiration of the new program) to prepping for our annual (4th?) playgroup cookie swap tonight at my house. I'll settle in and enjoy the 36 hour mommy-break as a mini-Christmas vacation; it just takes awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment