Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Fun: It's Here

The snow has started. Not flurries, real snow. Small flakes, seems dry. But it's already sticking and blowing, whitening the streets and yard and cars, because it's too cold for any of it to melt upon landing.

The snow blower works; we have food, water, lanterns. And games and toys and books. No generator, but I'm not too worried about losing power (besides, basements will keep a constant 55F, I understand, and we have coats and blankets and food that doesn't need cooking). Knock on wood. To delay cabin fever, the kids ran around outside playing "Star Wars tag," where someone is it and calls out the names of characters and, if you're name is called, you have to try to get to base without being tagged. Of course, Sis was Luke everytime, and Bud was Rex, which was easy. Until I had to catch them!

Pop is out taking a walk, enjoying his belated Christmas present. Be specific in what you ask for, I say. I think he would've been as happy with 4-6" as 15-20"!

No comments:

Post a Comment