Monday, December 27, 2010
Holiday Fun: Whiteout
The snowfall is finally tapering, but it's hard to tell because the wind is still blowing snow everywhere. "It's a winter wonderland," Bud said, as Sis sketched the view from our back door. You can't see much: our rock wall, garden fence, rosebushes are all completely covered. Though, because of the drifting, parts of our deck, car, and roof are snow-free. I imagine that they'll say we have between 8-12" by the time it's all done; hard to say, though (and I don't care if we had 20"--after several years in snow country, I'm over needing the biggest, heaviest, deepest). The main road is unplowed, so we're not sure when we'll see Gommie and Pop (for her second blizzard, after the 1996 NYC one, and his first in the North. We did live in CO for 6 months when I was about 6 months old). And we're trying to postpone the kids' desire to go out to play until the wind dies down some. Breakfast first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment