Thursday, December 16, 2010
Advent Activities: SWAK
Today is our delivery date for many things. This morning, we dropped off our breakfast breads for the teachers at school, though the prospect of entering the teachers' lounge was daunting to the kids, who quickly retreated outside. I hope the teachers will enjoy them. Later today, we'll be secretly delivering our "You've Been Jingled" surprises to a few people chosen by the kiddos. I also picked up dozens of cans of vegetables and also turkey gravy and boxes of stuffing and mashed potatoes to deliver to the food pantry collection at church. And I also finished shopping for the two teenage boys (twins) in the shelter for whom we are providing gifts through church--teenage boys are tough but I had help from a neighbor who has one (and I got gift receipts). I don't know if we'll get those and the food to church today, only because I don't think anyone is there. This weekend then. Lastly, I just gave our friendly mail lady a huge box of hot chocolate packets because that's what she likes, though she couldn't carry it yet because her arms were filled with cards and parcels for the whole street. It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and I feel like a busy elf. Or our mail lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment