I'm trying a new recipe today, one that I'm sorta making up as I go along:
Curried Apple Lentil Soup. The idea came from one of those gift jar mixes featured in a Christmas magazine. I was going to get dried apple and onion until Mama gently suggested I just use fresh. Ah, right. Since it's not a gift, I can. And I'm also making it in the slow cooker to make it that much easier. So, while the kids eat meatloaf with the babysitter tonight, here's what I'll be having (I'll update you on how it is):
Update: I added 2 cups of water and probably 1+ teaspoon more salt. I thought it was delicious.
Curried Apple Lentil Soup
5 cups water
1 cup brown lentils
1 cup red lentils
1 apple, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sweet curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
Combine in 3-4 quart slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
Mommy Hungry
No comments:
Post a Comment