Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Rising Star

My star is in the ascendancy. In fact, for the first time ever, I was a happy thought--#4--for Sis a few days ago. And last night, I was #1! She even wants to sing the bedtime song with me. She made me a picture at Mystic Seaport, working very hard and including my favorite color purple, and then she gave it to me and told me to keep it forever. She just gave me a playdough creation and again told me it was for me and that I should keep it forever. I will (at least the picture) forever.

Mind you, I've been waiting a long time not to be mama non grata (which I think would be a great name for a blog!). I've been her least favorite immediate family member for weeks now, maybe even the whole summer. I haven't taken it (too) personally but I am happy, relieved, excited to be back in favor.

Mama says to enjoy it while it lasts. I am.

-=-=-=-=

Just now Sis said she didn't want to go to preschool: she wants to stay home with me.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it would be a good name for a blog, too. ;-)

    http://mamanongrata.blogspot.com/

    Our taglines are strikingly similar -- funny.

    Good luck in emerging from Mama non Grata status -- these children are fickle.

    ReplyDelete