Monday, August 18, 2008

Clowning Around

In my continued attempts to be the "best mommy ever," before summer ends, we painted all over the patio glass doors today with window paint. One panel is a sun with clouds, the other panel is the moon with stars and a bat (Bud's addition). There are lots of other dots and swirls. I think more paint ended up on hands, clothes, and hair than on windows.

Then, at Sis's request, we decided to make clown ice cream sundaes (something she saw on Caillou). We went to the store (with the kiddos wearing their "My Mom Can Fix Anything" red t-shirts) and got ingredients and came home and had ice cream for lunch. I bought neapolitan because she wanted chocolate and he wanted strawberry. I scooped the ice cream into a cone, then turned it upside down into a bowl. There we decorated the face with M&Ms and decorated the clown hat (the cone) with either canned whipped cream or chocolate syrup (guess which was whose). They ended up bagging the cone and having seconds of the clown head.

Later, after our successful dentist appointment (which was successful because we don't always have ice cream for dinner), we went to the store for treats (I know, I know, this runs counter to my parenting ideals about not rewarding things that you should do that are good for you but they were so good and, well, I'm the "best mommy ever."). Bud picked up some race cars for his track (which turned out to be too wide. Oh, well). And Sis bought four elephants: a mommy, a mama, a sister, and a brother.

But of course, when Mama came home and asked what we did today, all Sis could say, erroneously, was that we bought kolaches at the Starbucks.

Oh, well, does "best mommy ever" count if they don't remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment