Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Disloyal

I ordered Chinese food from a new place tonight. And I feel so disloyal. We like the old place--the food is good, quick ("10 minutes"), and the people are nice enough (even though, after 6 years, they only sort of recognize us). But they don't deliver. When we were at the hotel this weekend, we tried a new place with Ar-Ma. The service in the restaurant was slow and grumpy but the food was good. And they deliver. So tonight, with hungry kids not wanting the chicken I have in the house, I decided to order take out because they would fall asleep in the car if I went to go get the other Chinese food. The owner's wife/co-owner brought the food, remembered us, and was glad we'd ordered. I mentioned I had switched places and asked her, laughingly, not to tell. She asked who else we ordered from and was surprised they didn't deliver. But told me that they themselves had been in business 19 years. Good enough for me. And they deliver. But don't tell the other Chinese food place, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment