Yesterday, Bud had his first piano performance. He and other students of his wonderful teacher entertained residents of a nursing home. Bud played "Spoonful of Sugar" and "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain." I hear it was great. Mama recorded it on her phone but has had problems with the playback. He'll have his bigger recital in early December, playing "Good King Wenceslas" and others. We're very proud of him.
I actually didn't get to see him because I was taking Sis to a birthday party at the local kiddo club. There, all the guests danced to current pop music, sang karaoke, and played games like "Coke and Pepsi," freeze dance, and balloon races. Sis was dubbed "Little Rihanna," though I'm not sure of the similarities! Anyway, Sis sang along to "Call Me Maybe" and danced to "Gangam Style," "What Makes You Beautiful," and "Never Getting Back Together." None of which I knew; I'm not even sure Sis knew any but the first. Which means either Glee is behind or I need to catch up! Sis was wonderful, singing and dancing and playing with energy and excitement, even though she'd been a bit nervous about being there without her Buddy. Now she wants to have their birthday party there!
I think there's going to be a lot of music in our house the next few weeks, between Sis singing the songs she learned and Bud practicing for his recital. Music to my ears.
Wow! Impressive playing. And I'm with Sis I LOVE to sing.
ReplyDelete