Thursday, November 8, 2012

Month of Gratitude: Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday:  I am grateful for snow.  I love snow.  I didn't have it as a child and I can't get enough of it as an adult.  SNOW!!!!!  It's the second thing I love best about Connecticut, right after the left-leaning citizenry.

Thursday:  I am very grateful for my physical therapist. Especially today, because I graduated from PT tonight!!!!  Surprisingly (and perhaps a bit frighteningly!), I realized she was right when she suggested I didn't need regular therapy anymore.  I hadn't seen her in a month, a month in which I'd done more things, including fall on my butt in the street, without needing immediate PT attention.   So I'll continue with Pilates and everything else, like walking everyday and limiting sitting and also being mindful. I'm so much better than where I was almost a year ago when I started with her.  I recognize that I will always have limitations and challenges, but I know better how to deal with them now, both physically and mentally.  She gave me my life back!

1 comment:

  1. That's the girl we all know and love. Continue with the steady progress and forget about being a wild teenager.

    ReplyDelete