Nope, not that tree.
The 75' silver maple in our backyard.
This morning a tree service came out and trimmed about 10-15' off the top, cut away branches overhanging our house and those of our neighbors', removed deadwood, and then cabled three of the large sections together. The tree looks a little shorn, especially as it is bare of foliage, but it will be much safer the next time a storm hits. Besides, it grows back fast enough--we had it trimmed about 10 years ago, which you wouldn't have known from looking at it recently.
We also decided, at the last minute, to keep the spruce, which is all cattywampus between the maple and the dogwood, but it's our only evergreen and the place the kids build fairy houses. Yesterday, thinking we were going to have it removed, they actually saved pieces of it. Well, that did it. Can't have kids crying over a tree. It's not immanently dangerous so we left it in place. And they cheered and cheered!
They'll cheer again when we trim that other tree.
I'm glad you didn't cut them down too. Every time I see a tree get cut down my heart breaks a little. I understand cutting for safety but I see so many cut for no reason!! My neighbor cut down 4 trees today and I about cried! I could understand about one but not the others!
ReplyDelete