For me, it began with Star Wars.
Early on, there was also "Battlestar Galactica" and "Buck Rogers and the 25th Century."
There was Sherlock Holmes in books, then in movies, and most recently on BBC.
Same with Excalibur, Mists of Avalon, and then "Merlin." And with those, all the Renaissance fests.
I even played "Dungeons and Dragons" and have multi-sided dice.
And went to Gen Con once.
Then "Star Trek," specifically "The Next Generation." But sometimes "Deep Space Nine" and "Voyager." (Rarely, the original.)
And one "Star Trek" convention.
And some Monty Python.
But only a little "Black Adder."
There was "Xena" and "Buffy" and even "Firefly."
But NEVER the "new" Star Wars.
And I was never huge into Narnia, but I've read the first one.
Of course, there was Lord of the Rings. And, soon, The Hobbit.
And above all else, Harry Potter.
I even saw (but never read) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
But I really do think I've sealed my identity as a geek with my new-found love of "Doctor Who."
I've raced through the Ninth and Tenth Doctors, and started the Eleventh today.
I wonder where geekdom will take me next?
No comments:
Post a Comment