Depending on the forecast you consult, it's going to snow tomorrow! No accumulations, just snow and ice and then rain--the famed "wintry mix." A messy day to be sure.
And so we just wandered around our 3-block neighborhood passing out "Trick-or-Treat TUESDAY" signs, encouraging everyone to go out tonight instead of the rescheduled event tomorrow night--in 40+ mph winds and rain. Hang a flyer on your door if you want trick-or-treaters; come out and join us if you have trick-or-treaters. The neighbors I talked to thought it was a good idea. Mama laughed that, with the bake sale, I was becoming a community organizer!
Some might say it's just time to let Halloween go this year. But I know the kids are looking forward to it, a return to that normalcy everyone talks about--for them it's not the electricity and mass transit, it's school and Halloween. And so I'm doing my best to give a little bit of that not only to my own kids but to our neighborhood (the town won't change it from tomorrow).
Besides, I've got almost 10 lbs of candy to get rid of!
I think she's right. You are becoming a community organizer! Good for you!! I was just writing a post about Halloween and how it was postponed inout town too. Does it feel weird to you when it's a week or more later?
ReplyDelete