Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goin' Deep in the Heart of Texas

Heading back to the homeland tomorrow (and, oh, Joe Barton's homeland, too. And if I can't tell a GOP joke, what fun would it be? Nah, he's too easy), so posts might be few and far between. Besides I'll be hanging out with half my readers! Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins; sand, surf, sea (sans oil); and food, glorious food!

See y'all at Buckee's!

(And a note of thanks to Mama Teacher for keeping an eye on things while we're gone.)

1 comment:

  1. I used to sing(?) Deep in the heart of Texas in 1945, especially on the day that war ended. For evening meal we had pearl barley and some wit said 'The Japanese war started at Pearl Harbour and ended with Pearl Barley'. Must be the only time I can accurately date a meal.
    The British approach to a disaster just does not go down well in USA , that does not mean that we dont care. I am not a BP stockholder but I apologise too, the only good these disasters do is to point out mans weaknesses. Some 30 years back an oil tanker went aground off Cornwall and the decision was made to ignite the spill, the concensus opinion later was that it was a good move. Made a nasty mess at the time and upset the French because the debris finished on the coast of Brittany.
    Enjoy your holiday, regards to your parents.

    ReplyDelete