Monday, June 14, 2010
Invasion of the "Body Decorators"
The kids wanted to play salon this morning. Only that's not what they called it. Today they called it "body decoration." But instead of tatoos and piercings, I was slathered in 4 different sweet-smelling lotions, including a lovely rose that they bought me just because and the lavender-scented lotion that we would use on them as babies. And when I say slathered, I mean slathered: thick, blubber-like layers of lotions, kindly warmed by their little hands, but barely rubbed in on my feet, arms, knees, thighs, shoulders, neck, back. So, I'm a little, er, moist, but I smell good. And I look so pretty because there are 2 headbands and 4 clips in my tussled hair. Bud tried to stretch a hairband from ear to ear, over my nose, but I convinced him that my ears couldn't quite bend like he wanted them to. (At least I don't have any make-up and my clothes don't really invite fashionable drapings!). But even though I'm a tad heavily scented and my hair is creative, it all felt good and I'm ready to embrace the day. And isn't that what a salon, I mean, body decoration, should be all about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment