Last things first: the kids are sick. Without casting blame, just noting coincidence, someone is always sick after a Gommie visit, either Gommie (usually with a stomach bug) or us (with colds). This time it's us. Bud and Sis are full into coughs, stuffy noses, and sore throats. I'm just waiting for the fevers. Of course, that is on top of the ear trouble Sis was already having and taking antibiotics for. But, then, those won't protect you from a virus.
But, that said, it's been an okay weekend. Friday found us at a playdate where we stayed late for lunch and got to help make dinner rolls. Saturday was the church booksale where we picked up lots of new-to-us wonderful things (Mama is there now, breaking it all down for tonight's Community Seder, which we will not be able to attend). And then we had an absolutely brilliant afternoon play session outside--more on that when I can publish my "Second Day of Spring" post. Today, still thinking there was nothing out of the ordinary, we went to church, but by fellowship hour, I oculd tell we'd made a mistake. Though they did scarf down the cake honoring two members who will soon be relocating to Switzerland, they were clingy and tired. Sis even quietly burst into tears as we said goodbye to the "Swiss Family." Only reading Sylvester and the Magic Pebble while we waited for Mama to return from the store perked anyone up (and that is such a happy book in the middle).
Now, we're at home, on our big bed, watching DVD #2 of Diego--does sickness make them nostalgic for their "old" shows? Bud just sits and stares (I was next to him for about 1 1/2 hours, reading Geraldine Brooks's excellent People of the Book in one hand while cuddling him with the other--I've seen all the Diegos so I don't need to watch to comment on the plot). Sis is fiddling with Mama's collection of stickers (which we use for lunchbag notes) and making her own cards. I'm about to head downstairs and pick up a non-crumbly snack to serve in bed, just like on "Obama Day."
But that was a better day by far.
Nose knots, huh? Sounds like you're "Mom, the human kleenex" today. Other than that, sounds like you had a nice weekend. I would be able to say the same except for ALL the school work I have. Big f'ing yuck.
ReplyDelete