Gommie is here, having lots of fun, creating lots of wonderful chaos, giving me a delightful break (because she gets to read, play CandyLand, and watch them dance--I cooked dinner uninterrupted, which was a nice divergence from normal.)
But this post is for two medical updates: Sis went for a hearing test yesterday afternoon. Mama had noticed about ten days ago that Sis was either ignoring her or saying "what" more often. I hadn't noticed and neither had her teachers when she brought it up at the conference. But earlier this week, Sis said she had to move her hair to hear and even that her ear hurt. I started to notice the "whats" and silences. So, just to check, we went in yesterday. Sure enough, Sis has fluid in her ears, enough so that she's flatlining on the tympanum tester (coincidentally, I've got fluid in my ears too and was given some meds at the doc's on Tuesday. Maybe we're both having allergies). Anyway, we're using garlic drops for a week and then will check again. It's not permanent hearing loss but definitely need to get that fluid out of there.
And then last night, Bud threw up. It was about 10 and the adults were headed to bed. He coughed a few times, cried for me, and, as I walked in his room where he was approaching the door, he threw up everywhere. He emptied his stomach of lunch and dinner but within about an hour was back to sleep for the night. This morning he didn't mention it til I told him he couldn't eat PEZ candy for breakfast and asked if he remembered being sick. He did and put the candy down. I think we're going to have to stay home this morning, just to make sure he's okay (and so he doesn't eat all the food at playgroup). I might stop by myself, when I run to the grocery for some things, if only to see Miss T, who has safely returned to CT with the boys for a visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment