I've had an appointment with a new orthopedist that went much better than the last (not that that was too hard to accomplish). Though, he's put he back in physical therapy for a "tune-up." Like both my PT and first (awful) orthopedist, he measured my left leg longer than my right, but he attributes that to scoliosis (I'm not totally convinced because I think I limped before the onset of puberty). Otherwise, I'm probably in for chronic back troubles, later even arthritis, because of some degeneration in the discs and a possible spur forming at L3-L4 (I give these specifics for Nurse Banana, if I have them right). Not much to do about it except exercise. I think, though, that I'm out of the "running" for that 5K walk for the present. We'll see what the PT says.
I also had a follow-up with my GP today about everything. First, she repeatedly apologized for that first orthopedist, but was glad to hear that the second was successful. My ears are still fluid-filled, much like Sis's, and so I'm headed to the ENT, probably for some steroids, hopefully not tubes. Sis and I can probably go together, as she'll have to go to if the antibiotics don't clear things up. The best news was that my bloodwork was great! YAY!!! No signs of any sugar issues that made my last GP constantly hysterical (and even she admitted once that there wasn't anything wrong with my tests). And my cholesterol is good. Also, no anemia, nothing wrong with anything else. Yay for a vegetarian diet!!!! YAY!!!!
The kids' colds are improving, no fevers so they went to school and had a fun time. We picked up a picnic but ate it inside because of the wind (and colds). So, we're all feeling pretty good today!!
No comments:
Post a Comment