Friday, February 6, 2009

"I Want to be a Kiddo When I Grow Up"

It started with coffee.

Bud now helps me make my daily cups of coffee and tea (we have a Keurig, so this is easier and safer than it sounds--lots of enclosed cups and buttons to push). But I always remind him that it is hot and to be careful. Today, I explained that Goo had burned himself when he was a toddler by spilling a hot cup of coffee on himself. He went to the hospital with severe burns and was there for awhile. Sis, hearing a story about Goo, came into the kitchen.

"Was he all alone?" Sis asked.

"No, Ar-Ma went with him. Because, you know, Ma is Goo's mommy."

"That is so weird . . . . Goo doesn't live with her," Sis pondered.

"No, he lives at school. When kiddos grow up they leave home."

"I want to be a kiddo when I grow up. I don't want to leave. Ever!" Sis exclaimed.

And I said okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment