Monday, February 9, 2009

"I'm Not So Sure"

We were headed to the zoo on Sunday after church to take advantage of the shining sun and 50F weather. Sis, who always pays attention when we're in the car, immediately noticed that Mama wasn't going the way I usually go (there are several ways you can get there from here).

"Mama, is this the right way to the zoo? I'm not so sure."

Back seat driving with Mama . . . . (a la "Sid the Science Kid," for those of you not in the know).

We got there, alright, and enjoyed all the usual animals--wolves, tigers, bear, lynx, ananconda, caiman, toucan, iguana, ocelot (though the new baby ocelot was hidden from view), and otters--until Bud slipped on some ice and got soaked. Luckily we'd already done our (indoor) picnic lunch (it was too windy to eat outside) and ridden the carousel, so we grabbed some ice cream and headed home.

The usual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment