Thursday, February 26, 2009
The Rumors are True
Yep, Wondertime is ceasing publication. I received an email about it today. I can probably transfer my balance to my Family Fun subscription, as both are owned by Disney. Truth be told, WT was the better magazine, with longer essays and some projects and a sleeker look, while FF follows the genre with almost no content beyond recipes, crafts, and activities formatted in a busy, frenetic style. Maybe that will change. But the quality is still higher than most and so I'll keep reading it. But I will miss the other. Of course, what subscribers think is often of little or no consequence in the world of magazines, where ad sales not readers dictate the viability of a publication. Which is why other favorites of my friends, like Domino, are also shutting down despite loyal followings. I wonder what other magazines of mine will disappear?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment