"Mommy, is that Oscar?" Sis asked pointing to her Sesame Street book. But she wasn't talking about the grouch. She was wondering if he was connected to the "movie prizes" or Academy Awards.
Yep, my kids watched the Oscars. Well, some of them. The next day. Mainly, I showed Bud the musical number with Hugh Jackman and Beyonce et al and the Original Song performances from Slumdog Millionaire and Wall-E.
Sis wasn't as interested, except in Beyonce's costume. "Mommy, why is that lady naked?"
But Bud loved both sequences and had me show them again and again. "Mommy, Mommy, it's the marmalade song!" Yep, he knows "Lady Marmalade"--I like it and it has a catchy beat so we've danced to that before (though, thankfully, he hasn't learned the lyrics yet! But hey, it's French, right??). He particularly loved the drums and we tried to make one out of an oatmeal container later, but he said it didn't have the right tilt or the right sound. So, instead, he donned his pink tutu and mimicked the moves of the Bollywood-style (Bhangra?) dancers.
I guess that's one viewer, anyway, who really likes the big dance numbers!
(For the record, they were my favorite part too. But then I hadn't seen any of the films and had to wait until almost midnight to see if Kate Winslet had won, as she was the one I was rooting for).
No comments:
Post a Comment