Monday, May 23, 2011

Good News!

After talking to my doctor today (about more itchiness, a side effect, not an allergic reaction, to the injection), I have been given permission to get up as much as I can tolerate. Yep, that's right: BEDREST IS OVER!!!!!

Now, sure, I won't be able to tolerate much here in the beginning because it's been such a long time (translation: for now, I can probably do about 10 minutes an hour, maybe, though perhaps not every hour). But it's a really good start. He thinks I'll be about 70% by mid-June. And he still thinks the injection is two weeks away from full effect (which means "don't worry about my tingly heel").

And yes, Lambeth, I promise not to overdo it or do something stupid (in other words, the nanny stays, for the time being).

Perhaps predictably, in addition to being excited, I am a little nervous, too.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: