Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My First Day Up

I'm tired.

Yes, it was a very exciting day. I went downstairs to see the kids have breakfast. I walked almost every hour for 5-10 minutes. I even ate two snacks standing up, which is such a luxury after consuming every morsel in a prone position.

My back seems solid, a few twinges in my posterior, nothing more. My legs are wobbly like jelly, which is why I'm not really tackling the stairs.

But even though I'm still spending 50 minutes or so an hour in bed--reading Edward Espe Brown's Tomato Blessings and Radish Teachings, practicing my Italian, "Io legge il giornale" ("I read the newspaper," I think), blogging, emailing, talking on the phone, and meditating--those 10 minutes up and about have made a world of difference to my outlook and spirits.

But sensing that I am tired, I know not to push it. I really don't want to spend another 50 some-odd days in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment