Sunday, May 8, 2011

Buona Notte!

I'm learning Italian!

I've always wanted to--since lots of upper level Italian Renaissance art history and two trips to Italy--and now I have lots of time on my hands.

And Mama found a course on super-sale.

I just did the first lesson, which seemed faster and more complicated than I would've expected, considering I don't speak Italian--lots of "lei beve" and "la bambina legge" (I hope I got that right)--there's almost no time to think. But perhaps that's the point. I did pretty well and even my non-rolled "r" seemed to pass (yes, it has voice recognition).

Very exciting! It's like my 6 years of Latin, but useful . . . . (okay, yes, Latin was useful for SATs and a few other things, but you can't order gelato with it!)

Ciao, bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment