Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Fun 2013: King of Weekends



This weekend, we went to NYC.

Saturday:

"My little-town blues are melting away."
We stayed on the 42nd floor of the kids' favorite hotel.  

We were in town to see The Lion King, the kids' first Broadway show.  It was wonderful!  Sis liked Rafiki, Bud liked Zazu.  And they "stage doored" afterwards and got autographs of young Simba,  young Nala, Mufasa, Zazu, and others.

Sunset over NJ and the Hudson River.
Here you can see Sis and Mama under the awning of Virgil's, where we got BBQ takeout for dinner.

There is a special AG package at the hotel.  Felicity got her own bed that she also got to take home.

After sunset, we roamed Times Square, perhaps the most crowded I've ever seen it.  And remember, I lived there--19 years ago!

The M&M store and the Hershey store are their favorites.



I liked our late-night Junior's snack--Devil's Food Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortbread, poundcake, and Egg Creams!


Sunday:

We went to the "Art of the Brick" show at Discovery Times Square.  Those are all Legos, folks!  The artist Nathan Sawaya reproduces masterpieces in bricks!


I loved this one!







Pretend the dino is moving, not that it's a bad picture, please.

 
He also does several of his own sculptures, often with empty cavities, like this one.  Amazing and inspiring.


We finished our visit at the Visitor's Center because the kids always like to see the New Year's Eve ball.



1 comment:

  1. I am disgracefully envious and review all my visits to NYC with great pleasure. Our grand daughter is off the USA at end of the month, going,she says, with a few other girls to Las Vegas, fun city of the world?

    ReplyDelete