Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Cubists

Rubik's Cube, that is.

Mama, Sis, and Bud have the Rubik's bug.  Mama had picked up two cubes for the kids, thinking they'd like them.  Each can get one colored side, I think.

And then Mama got her hands on one of them and spent the evening working on it, following the directions.

Yep, directions.  Those little colorful cubes come with instructions now for how to best work the puzzle. When the Rubik's Cube first came out in 1980, I was in 5th grade and those were the most popular toys with my friends.  I even had one but never got past one color.  A few of the boys in my class did and we were all impressed.  Especially because they didn't have directions.

Still, I was impressed when Mama did it, as were the kids.  But Sis put the neat cube on her desk and probably won't mess up the colors again.  Bud is still working on his.

No comments:

Post a Comment