Sometimes, store-bought kits aren't what they're advertised to be. And it's not all user error! We tried to make snow globes today and you had to cast your own critter mold for the figurine inside. Needless to say, that was a messy disaster. Despite sealing it as tightly as we could and even taping it closed, the plaster oozed everywhere. Thankfully, I know to do these things outside. Such a disappointment.
But ever-resourceful (cue "Super Mom" music--I need a cape!), I told them they could make Sculpey figruines to go inside the plastic domes. And so they did--you guessed it, a bunny with carrot and a penguin. They've been baked, glued, and encased in their new homes, with water and glitter in the outer dome.
A salvaged fun experience and now another tchkotke on the shelf.
(Because of the quality of the plastic, two layers of it, I can't get a good picture of their cute creations.)
No comments:
Post a Comment