Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Fun 2013: The End is Nigh

Sis has started the final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today.

Babysitter and I tried to warn her that once she'd read them all the first time, the journey would be over and re-reading isn't quite the same.  But of course, didn't all of us Potterheads rush through the last one?  I'll admit to reading the last chapters first because I needed to know a.)  if Harry lived/won and b.) which side Snape was on.   It didn't ruin the book for me to know; I think it actually made it more enjoyable.  I could let go of the stress and obsession about the ending and enjoy the whole book.

Well, except the Hedwig-Dobby-Fred-Lupin-Tonks-Colin Creevey-Snape death parts.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I loved Harry Potter and can certainly call myself a potterhead. I love that your kids are loving it just as much as mine had (have), who couldn't? Right? Looking forward to getting together once the kids get back to school.

    ReplyDelete