Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Summer Fun 2013: We're Having a "Cold Wave"
The NYTimes has dubbed our recent spate of below-average temperatures (avg. in NYC is 84F this time of year) a "coldwave." Sure enough. And I love it. We haven't turned the AC on in weeks--who needs to with low 60s at night and highs barely at 80F? (And I read that Houston had a heat index of 110F earlier this week!) Which is perfect for airing out at the VOCs from the floor. I even did some gardening this morning and we had a picnic lunch outside yesterday. And I added a blanket to the bed for last night's 57F! I'll admit, though, that this makes it a little cold for swimming. But after 2 weeks at camp, I'm not sure the kids mind. They're just inside reading HP 5, which I imagine one or both will finish today. And then start up the next one. I know it will get hot again, probably just in time for schools without any air conditioning, but for now, I'm enjoying it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment