As an update to "The Weight is Over," things are going well. I went to my GP last week and got the results of various annual tests.
First, no apnea. In fact, no sleep disorders, though my "sleep efficiency" wasn't great at 72%. ARGH that's a D or even an F. So my doctor, suspecting perimenopause as the culprit, suggested some melatonin before bed; so far, it has worked well enough, I think.
And yep, gotta talk to the gyn about menopause (again.)
As for all my regular tests, I'm doing well. No thyroid issues, no anemia. Sugar is fine but was lower last time. Cholesterol went down 30+ points!!! Yay for being mostly vegan, on average, following Mark Bittman's Vegan Before 6 (except on vacation!) I just need to tweak the carbs some (so easy to eat too many when you're mostly vegan!) But I'm really excited that it's going well, especially with regards to my giving up dieting and weight loss. Blood pressure was great. And while they did weigh me, I didn't inquire or remember how that compared to last year (which is mental progress, anyway.)
But I am going to try a new ENT to see if I can get my constant sinus pressure and ear-dullness under control.
So even with the chronic back/pelvis/tailbone issues (which are much better than earlier this summer, thanks), I'm pretty healthy. And it feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment