Wednesday, October 12, 2011
What Blog Is This?
Thinking on Mama's constant refrain, "What is your goal?", I've been reflecting on this blog recently. What kind of blog is this? It's not a standard Mommy Blog, if that means a blog oriented to providing tips, ideas, product reviews, etc or detailing the lives of our children. Of course I am a mommy and that colors everything I do and write about, including some of those things some of the time. It is technically a Lesbian Mommy Blog, in that I'm a lesbian and a mommy, but I doubt you would gather much about LGBT issues except the occasional rant. It's not a foodie blog or a craft blog, though I do include recipes and some crafts. But there's little in the way of original projects. I also rehash news and information I find elsewhere. Overall, I wax philosophical on what interests me, kind of an essay version of Pinterest. I've tried writing other blogs geared towards niche cooking (of beans!) and another on museums and children, but both were too focused to hold my interest for long. And since I blog for fun and remembrance, expression and exploration--not for branding, marketing, blog-based business, publishing a book, or to garner a huge audience--I want it to be interesting to me, which means combining a lot of different topics. All of which is to say, for those of you still here, thanks for joining me on this wacky, random blog adventure of mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment