Thursday, October 20, 2011

Why Is It?

Why is it that illness seems to come on days you least want to miss?  Bud has 103.5 at last check (4 a.m.) and will be home from school today.  I will miss coffee with friends and my first costumed work at the historical house.  He will miss a very special after-school Girl Scout family field trip to the pumpkin farm.  I'm disappointed, but he's going to be devastated.  And that's not healing at all.  I'll be grateful he didn't miss Picture Day or Halloween parties next week, but just barely . . . .I'll be extra thankful that it's just a normal cold.  (And Sis was over hers in 24 hours this weekend).

1 comment:

  1. I know how you are feeling. My sons been home the whole week with a fever and a sore throat. He was so sick on Monday I just sat on the couch with him the whole day. It was very sad, poor baby. He's much better now thank goodness. During the three days he's been home, I missed a walk with a friend and many errands. It does always seem to come at the wrong time. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete