Wakefulness came to me at 3 am and never let up. But I didn't exactly rise and shine. I read eulogies (and some not-so-eulogies) on Steve Jobs while contemplating praises for "changing the world" and making technology merge with art and life and encouraging thinking outside the proverbial box, and damnations for perceived lack of philanthropy and humanitarianism, appalling Chinese labor practices by Apple affiliates, and creating "useless" gadgets for the privileged upper classes; mentally reorganized my cookbook project; had a few brilliant household ideas I can't recall; wrote some email at 4 a.m.; and tried to meditate to no avail. Even the cats and Mama were sleeping! Oh, well. The doctor said the injections would make me edgy like drinking too much coffee.
The day dawned beautiful, with cool breeze and full sun (and 47F). The kids and Mama are off to their respective places. The cats and I are here in ours.
I've got some volunteer work for the historic house and Girl Scouts today, plus several books and magazines.
Otherwise, I'm going to try to take a nap at some point!
And not have any coffee.
This might sound weird but sometimes when I wake early like that I love the quiet time and the reading I get done! Of course later I'm too tired to function!
ReplyDeleteYes, me too. But usually closer to 6 am!
ReplyDelete