Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family Updates

From way out west:  Pop and Gommie called on their anniversary from somewhere outside of Aspen, heading towards Estes Park/Deadwood/somewhere else . . . they were enjoying beautiful fall colors and were actually expecting snow!

From Texas:  My Aunt Sis called yesterday, only the second time we've talked since she was hospitalized in mid-June (I've been sending real albeit typed letters weekly because she is not online).  She sounds strong and even spirited, though she doesn't recall much of the first months in such dire shape.  I told her some things are better left forgotten.  She was very grateful for all that Pop and Gommie did for her.  And she's looking forward to leaving the nursing home.  I'm not sure how realistic that last bit is, especially given that she has a walker and a wheelchair and her home is actually two separate rustic cabins on several split levels.  Worry about that later . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment