Monday, October 17, 2011
The Egg Under the Fridge
There is a broken egg under my refrigerator right now. I dropped it as I put the carton away, and it broke right under the edge of the vent. The yolk luckily didn't break. But I can't bend over to clean it up. And I don't want the kids to make more of a mess (i.e. break the yolk that would then run under the fridge because our floor tilts). So I've dropped a paper towel on it to sop up the white until Mama Hungry can come home. It's a tangible reminder of my very human limitations. We all have them. And I find I have to work with them, to accept them, in me and in everyone, which means sometimes eggs get broken. And left under the fridge . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment