The kids made resolutions bracelets in Faith Formation (a.k.a. Religious Education, Sunday school, church school) yesterday to remind them about their own goals. Sis's was "to make Star Wars cookies for class," a resolution the teacher was all to happy to tell me about! Bud decided to "watch Clone Wars," which apparently then kicked off a long discussion among the class about which movie is the best ever. Later, though, I heard him say his other resolution was "to give stuff we don't use to people who need it."
-=-=-=-=-=-
While lining up to change activities during class, I heard the teacher tell everyone to line up just like Sis and Bud, the only two in line (I wasn't in service but walking the hallways to stretch). Later she told me she uses them as examples a lot because they follow directions. I laughed, "Is that good or bad? Does that mean Mama and I are maybe too dictatorial at home?" She said she didn't care, as long as it worked!
-=-=-=-=-=-
After church, we went to lunch at the hibachi place, something we'd checked with them beforehand given their on-again, off-again fear of the flames. "Mom, we're five now," Bud explained. "Kindergarteners aren't scared of anything."
He then inhaled a platter of sushi and a shrimp stir-fry, while she waxed poetic about the chicken. Both of them want me to cook like that--on a hot grill with tons of butter and soy sauce--at home.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Best of all, at the restaurant, Bud's sushi platter (which he shared with Mama) came with a single purple orchid. A flower. In winter. When I pointed this out, Sis was ecstatic: she could now use the flower press that Cousin Hungry gave her for Christmas. We prepped and pressed the flower as soon as we got home, but Sis hadn't understood it could take a week or two. I have a feeling we'll be heading to the florist, or back for sushi, before spring!
Maybe the Christmas Turtle can come in the mail via Texas :) with $5-10 so she can spend some money periodically at the Stop & Shop for just some basic flowers :)
ReplyDelete