Friday, January 28, 2011

Making the Best of It

After an early morning attitude adjustment, we're having a great day:
  • we took a field trip to the stores, before Mama left for work, to get snacks and treats for the day;
  • Sis built a HP Quidditch Lego set;
  • Sis started making class valentines, completing seven;
  • Bud is building an extensive Ninja-inspired Lego set;
  • Sis made chocolate cupcakes (did you know that Nutella is the perfect frosting?);
  • I started reading Cherries in Winter by Suzan Colon, a book I picked up on a whim because I liked the title, cover picture, and food writing/memoir content;
  • we will take delivery of my treadmill this afternoon, if they can get in the snow-narrowed driveway;
  • we have Stuart Little to finish and, if we do, James and the Giant Peach to start.
And there's always that snow to play in . . . .

1 comment:

  1. I love Nutella! I can't buy it anymore. Or maybe I should say I can't allow myself to buy it anymore.

    ReplyDelete