For the first time in at least 5 months, I picked up yarn and hook today. I don't know why, except I knew I wasn't going to bake again today or read much more or type anything (except this post, I guess), and I wanted something to do (see, the kids have self-entertained almost all day, which is practically unheard of!). So I laid a 10-stitch foundation chain to make a little pink scarf for Sis. Sure, it's simple single crochet, with only 6 little rows so far, but it's the most I've tried in a long time. So long in fact that I had to brush up on my
SC stitch (and am proud to say I remembered it correctly). And it feels so good. Only doing a bit at a time, while standing, but loving the feel of the chunky but soft pink yarn (not sure what it is, the label long gone as the skein languished in my yarn holder) and the ease with which my big birch
Brittany M hook glides through yarn and fingers.
-=-=-=-=-=-
My Simple One-Skein Scarf
With M hook, ch 10
Row 1: sc in 2nd stitch from hook and in each ch across
Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across,
Row 3 etc.: repeat Row 2 until scarf is the desired length, fasten off and weave in ends.
Mommy Hungry
nothin' like a snowy day to kick in the creative impulse!
ReplyDelete